Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween in Spain!!

We also celebrate Halloween in Spain. About ten years ago, Spanish people started copying how Americans celebrate this party. Despite this, our celebration is not like here in the United States.
In USA, Halloween consists of a big party, going to houses doing the typical trick or treat, and going to parties with good costumes, but in Spain it is very different. I think there it is “trivial”, because the Spanish people have not got the real spirit of this celebration, at least not in my group of friends.
We usually go to pubs, with a simple costume , but it is just an excuse to have fun, to do a different thing from the rest of the year. In fact, the only year that I wore a costume was last year, and I only wore a red wig.
So I am happy to be here, and celebrate Halloween like I have been watching for a long time in American films!! :)

2 comments:

Anna said...

A red wig? That's not much of a costume but I can't really say that I do anything more.
Did you dress up this year? What did you dress up as?

Barbara said...

yeah!!!this weekend I was a "sexy" witch!!nothing else!!haha